How To Have The Healthiest Hair

Your hair is something that defines the way you look, helps the way you feel and for me - is most of my confidence. But are we really looking after it well? Are we doing the best we can to help it grow strong and healthy? Here I have wrote 3 Top Tips to allow your hair to be the healthiest its ever been!

Brushing. We all know we have to brush our hair to stop knots and allow it to be silky after being wet, but are we tugging a little too hard? Hair snapping is one of the biggest consequences of this - your hair is most tender and frail after being washed and wet so tugging whilst brushing can cause your hair to break and snap. To avoid this: what I do is begin brushing from the bottom whilst slowly making your way up to the root. However, if you can, I'd recommend not brushing at all when wet but for me personally I know how many more knots and breakage I'd get if I did that. It might be hard at first to remember but try to incorporate it into your routine, it might just be your new "old".

Frequently use a mask, or at least an oil! Once a week I like to use a hair mask to properly hydrate my hair after a long week of heat damage, scraped back pony tails and exposure to the radiant sun. Now, as this would probably be meaning a new purchase, I feel the need to inform you, you do not need to go all out and buy the most expensive product in the world. Cheap, thick nourishing masks come as little as 99p from what I've seen (and theres definitely cheaper out there)! I personally use ridiculously affordable masks as the formula is no worse off. As much as this seems quite a tough commitment to stick to, begin with once every month and slowly progress to around once a week, it will make all the different to your hair. 

DO NOT USE HEAT PRODUCTS! If there is one tip I could say, it's this. As tempting as it is to feel a bit more put together and "nice" with your hair, its not necessary and in reality is causing severe damage to it. I am definitely guilty of this as I used to straighten my hair each and everyday, but now Im paying the price - my hair is slowly snapping off and it has felt the direst it has in months (before I used these tips!) To stop using heat appliances I have some alternatives:

Stop curling - instead try the dressing robe night plait hack (leave a comment and i'll link what I mean). Also instead try plaits overnight on wet hair, french and dutch work especially well for the natural beach look.

To help when straightening - make sure to use a heat protective spray, allow your hair a barrier from burning hot temperatures. 

Instead of burning your hair when in the shower - use a lot cooler water temperature throughout washing.

Leave a comment and share this post, all comments will be replied to! Rememeber to follow and subscribe!


Comments

  1. Congrats on your brand new blog! I started a lifestyle blog in January so I'm also a new blogger! Thanks for the hair care tips!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts